View Single Post
Old
12-29-2012, 02:11 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 7000
Quote:
Originally Posted by shello View Post
I think you're looking into his stats a little too much, I haven't seen him more a little bit now so take this with a grain of salt. But if he doesn't go top 13 it would be criminal, he does so much more than the stats say, which Im sure you're aware of.

For his offense this season, I don't know what to say. He's capable of a lot more but not getting as much ice time on as other top prospects, and focusing on other aspects, such as his two way play, physicality, faceoffs, etc. Isn't he on the 2nd pp unit anyway?

I'm probably just making excuses for him, but they're things a lot of people forget and shouldn't be overlooked.
He is actually on the first unit pp. Problem is that they are using him as a screen in front of the net. So basically everyone is shooting except him. If he doesnt get a tip or tap in a rebound he gets no points.

They actually scrapped that configuration before christmas and he was able to utilize his considerable shot and consequently started scoring again.

But in the most recent game after Boxing day, they were back to using him in front of the net again. That isnt his game, but they have so many talented offensive forwards, that is what he is left with.

Its pretty frustrating. I wouldnt be surprised if this is being done purposely so the Oilers can pick him up should they not have a favourable draft position. Sounds a little tinfoil hattish, but it really wouldnt surprise me given their propensity to use the Oil Kings as a junior farm team of sorts.

I am the Liquor is online now   Reply With Quote