View Single Post
Old
12-29-2012, 02:31 PM
OneSharpMarble

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
I'd rather have Yannick Weber as a 3rd line winger or bring AK back. I'd even take Darche or Moen instead of Bourque. Or Leblanc or Geoffrion, if he was healthy.

Bourque had 24 points last year, that shouldn't be that hard to replace.
I am sure you would rather have a 4 goal scoring dman on wing, shame every centre in the world would disagree. If it so easy to replace go find one, 18 goals, go find it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
I don't think that's quite fair - Bourque was 6th among Hab forwards in TOI last season, at 17:49 - Moen was 7th at 15:42.

I do think that 18 goals is fine for a complementary 2nd liner. The problem is a mix of Bourque's cap hit and his one dimensional skillset. IMO Kostitsyn or Sykora could have filled the same role for cheaper. There are always Wellwoods and Grabners and Omarks available. None of these are fantastic players, but as far as one dimensional 2nd liners go, there are options that require less commitment.
Sykora is a good example as he was cheap but he was also coming off a season where he was injured playing 14 games. Kostitsyn cost 3.25 so right on par, Wellwood made 1.6 and I would expect he will get a raise with a decent season and Grabner makes 3M. If you think players like Grabner are "always available" you need a dose of reality. I wont even respond to Omark, please.

Bourque is more proven than them, brings a physical game and is overpaid by what? 300K? If that warrants a buyout then half the league will get bought out.

edit: Hell Bergevin just signed Prust to a 2.5 and he never topped 13 goals. Where are the riots?

Last edited by OneSharpMarble: 12-29-2012 at 02:37 PM.
OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote