Thread: Injury Report: Tomas Plekanec
View Single Post
Old
12-29-2012, 03:03 PM
dcyhabs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
First, not sure where you get that Plekanec is "likely out" for any period of time, he was checked out at the hospital and nothing found. If he was to miss 2 weeks, he'd miss NO NHL games.

Second, we can't sign Kostitsyn, he has a KHL contract for this year...not just a lock out contract but a regular one. He signed KHL before the lock out.

Third, Galchenyuk can't paly in the minors as he is 18, so it's OHL or NHL. I hope he stays OHL but he can play nHL and contribute right now, I just think it would be best for his development to finish the year oHL and make the jump at 19.

Fourth, I don't see how the Bourque trade looks bad, cammy has a huge contract and the cap is dropping, even with a late resurgence in Calgary he isn't worth anywhere near a 6 mil cap hit in the new CBA. With any kind of bounce back bourque will be worth his cap hit. PLUS we got a good prospect and a 2nd rounder. Great deal for us.
You have better news than I have, glad to hear Plekanec is OK.

Too late now then. I think they should have made him an offer. I thought AK was generally good, just didn't avoid hits well. I suspect he played half his career concussed. He got seriously hammered every game or two. Every time he'd get a streak going he'd get creamed and slow down for a few games.

Bad choice of words on my part. 9 games max unless it looks like they have a chance to do some damage in the playoffs.

Geoffrion may be out for good following his hit. I really hope Bourque will bounce back but I don't expect it until he gets to the last year of his contract. No more long term deals for him. Cammeleri had one bad year in what was a crappy year for the team. I hope the deal looks better a couple of years from now but I'm not counting on it.

If Plekanec and Markov are healthy and productive it could be a good year for the team. If not the draft is pretty deep and any top ten pick is likely to be good. If Plekanec is out the habs may have a chance at Seth Jones. Definitely better to play the season than pick a ball for draft placement.

dcyhabs is offline   Reply With Quote