View Single Post
Old
12-29-2012, 03:04 PM
Riptide

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsrule View Post
I know that it would never happen but I truly believe that the best way to solve the NHL lockout would be to have less teams.

Their are a bunch of teams who are losing money year after year. I think the best way to get economics back to where they should be would be to cut the fat and lose a few teams.

So the question that I ask here is how many teams should be cut and what teams?
From a talent point of view, if the talent is there (and I firmly believe it is) then we should not be cutting teams - actually we should be adding teams. If the PA would let them, the NHL could come up with a system (and that's really the only issue) that allows teams to be successful (or rather limits their losses).

And before you cut teams, you give them a chance to move. Seattle, Quebec City, Toronto#2/Southern Ontario would all be wildly successful off the ice (not sure about Seattle, but it couldn't be worse than a bunch of the teams at the bottom now).

"Itís not as if Donald Fehr was lying to us, several players said. Rather, itís as if he has been economical with information, these players believe, not sharing facts these players consider to be vital."
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote