Thread: Proposal: Marc Staal to LA
View Single Post
12-29-2012, 04:12 PM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
I think ranger fans are still thinking of Staal as a shiney new toy. I hate to break it to you hes got some dents in him. Untill hes proven there no long term effects of the concusion your not going to get shiney toy prices for him.

So imo Stoll who is amoungest the top 5 3rd line centers in the league. He has 2nd line center ability if needed. Hes still one of the best faceoff percentages in the league all this makes him worth the money hes paid.

Greene is a vetern with tons of locker room leadership I even doubt hes in play to be traded. Imo Suderi would be traded before greene. Ranger need to remember we aquired them for a at the time a better defenseman named Lubomir Visnovsky. Adding Martinez is way to much. I would consider a greene stoll for staal but not adding another roster piece at all.
I think we all forgot how digustingly bad Stoll has been for 1,5 years already. He was much better in the playoffs, but you see the world though pink glasses if you win. Stoll is not a top 3rd line center and certainly has not the ability to play 2nd line center. Hockey sense = zero with Jarret. Luckily he's a rock on faceoffs and works his ass off.

Visnovsky had just signed a $27M no trade contract. I was pretty sad when I heard about the trade. Lubo was a fan favorite but mostly because the return was not spectacular at the time. I'm not sure which Slovakian player wins the "I've played for the worst teams during my career" award. Visnovsky or Zigmund Palffy.

Frolov 6'3 is offline   Reply With Quote