View Single Post
Old
12-29-2012, 03:19 PM
Kadri43

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash View Post
I loathe diving and embellishment, but when you see the officials calling it that way, while it is noble to say you won't do it, it is foolish to not partake. If Scheifele stays down like Mikus did after he got the knee on knee, I'm sure the IIHF officials would have conferenced and given Canada a 5 minute powerplay. The officiating isn't going to change overnight, so taking a stand on principle is stupid. It puts Canada at a disadvantage against teams that will exploit it. Embellishment has always been bad in international hockey, but players feigning injury seems worse this year than I can remember seeing in a recent tournament. I'm used to officials making a call and sticking to it. These conferences going on while the "injured" player talks with his team trainer are getting excessive. I'm just waiting for the day that some team's trainer brings out the miracle aerosol spray that always heals those poor soccer players that get carried off the field on stretchers.
Man those pathetic European soccer players disgust me. The worst have got to be the Italians and the Spaniards. If hockey ever got to that point I would never watch another game.

Kadri43 is offline   Reply With Quote