View Single Post
Old
12-29-2012, 05:18 PM
William H Bonney

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorofTime View Post
Always tough to say with Team USA. They could play a game like and then go out out and play Canada close or beat them or lose to Slovakia and go to relegation for the second year in a row. We're so hit or miss at this event.
Yeah, that's true. I'm glad the follow up game is against Canada because that's a game they usually show up for (see last year) regardless of their overall tournament. Had the team just lost a close game they felt they should have won against Canada instead of Russia, I would be worried about what kind of effort we'd see against Russia to follow. But since that's not the case, I'm not as worried. I really hope they win because the team could still get the top spot. But even if they lose, I just hope to see some improvement and a good, hard fought game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers28giroux View Post
My biggest concern is that in the Russian game a lot of our offensive chances came from around the perimeter or down the wings. We really didn't create any chances down the middle or in the slot nor did we really create any odd man rushes. If we're going to beat Canada our top six is going to have to be effective and were going to have get some shots off down the middle like we did in the Germany game.
I agree with the others that said you just have to give some credit to a damn good Russian team. They played well. I also remember a poster that said the US team continually either overlooked or refused to utilize the trailer into the zone and never would drop it back - and I completely agree. It was baffling and would have created a lot more of the chances in the slot we'd prefer to see. I think that may have been a coaching move because they were afraid of turnovers leading to odd-man rushes.