Originally Posted by Habs4TheCup View Post
I like your descriptions.

For the Habs, I would rank them and where they should be picked:

1. MacKinnon(1-2)
2. Lindholm(4-6)
3. Barkov(3-5)
4. Drouin(1-4)
5. Jones(1-2)

-Mac is a scoring center/winger than plays a tough game and should be a consistent 30 goal scorer. Montreal hasnt had someone like him in a long time. He has speed, grit, hands and a good shot.

-Lindholm is complete. He can do anything. PP, PK, play gritty, make plays and has good hands. A perfect 2nd line center behind Galchenyuk. I dont see him as an elite 1st line player but he can play there and excel in every situation. Maybe 75 points per season in his prime.

-Barkov is the most NHL ready of all of them. He is big, tough and skilled. I see a bit of Lindros in him. He would be a perfect center for te Habs but I dont see the highest offemsive upside in him. Maybe a 60 point player, 70 in his prime if he plays with other skilled player. He will probably be the one with the longest career but wont get the attention the others will since he is not flashy.

-Drouin. Hardcore Habs fans better listen to me. Drouin is a small, skilled winger. He wont solve all our problems. He is small. He will probably be the most successfull offensively but will be more of the same. More small weak players. I would take Mac, Barkov and Lindholm over him.

-Jones is a defenseman. I dont want to waste a high pick on him.
Agreed on Barkov. Most NHL-ready and longest injury-free career.

I chose Lindholm as the best player of the bunch, but Barkov is a safer pick. I'm afraid that with his size and playstyle, Lindholm will get injured often.