View Single Post
Old
12-29-2012, 04:33 PM
Bleedred
BEAT LA!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
And it also allowed us to showcase Bergfors and get Waddell interested in him. If Gionta was around that never would have happened.
That's why I'm not completely bummed about losing him. If we kept him, and especially at $5 million then no Kovy. He would look great here now, but not at $5 million with a shrinking cap. If he only had one more year left on that contract I would love to take him on. It wouldn't be no problem if his contract was up this Summer to have him at that. As long as we didn't need to give up Josefson, Henrique, or any forward, or Larsson.

The worst thing about losing Gionta was he wanted to stay. Like I said I know this for a fact, and someone on here who knows him has also confirmed this. For cheaper than the $5 million too. We wasted our time with guys like Parise who knew they weren't gonna stay, and you always love guys who wanna be there. If not for that horrible Rolston contract which I knew was a bad idea from July 1st 2008 we probably could have kept him. What's done is done, and we've had a Cup run without him though.