View Single Post
Old
12-29-2012, 05:35 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
You can use whatever excuse you want, but the fact is, Drouin is outplaying MacKinnon
I wouldn't agree with that at all; mostly because of the difference in roles each has been asked to fill so far. Spott only sees a role for Drouin in the top 6 scoring winger role, and is "forced" to give him the ice time and opportunities that goes along with that. More visible doesn't mean "outplaying". MacKinnon, by comparison, hasn't been given a chance to impress yet (and has basically been shifted around between centre and winger to fill in gaps), but just wait until Canada starts facing the big boys in games that matter more.

But back to the topic at hand, I don't see either guy dropping below #5 at the draft, let alone as low as 10th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
It wouldn't be crazy to suggest that drouin is the better junior player. Hell a scout was quoted saying drouin is the best player in the chl.
Almost everyone watching them play every day here in Halifax would suggest that it is, in fact, crazy to suggest that Drouin is the better junior player, although I'm sure Drouin could edge him at most of the all-star weekend marquee skills competitions (no defensive drills there, nor evaluation of ability to control play in all three zones on the ice).

Ohashi_Jouzu is online now   Reply With Quote