View Single Post
Old
12-29-2012, 04:35 PM
Sentinel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly4apuckguy View Post
Then quite honestly, and I mean no disrespect, you have no business commenting on collisions in hockey.

This would be like me saying I am a baseball fan who prefers it when they don't pitch, but rather hit the ball off a tee. As a Canadian, I have the right to say that without expecting a die hard Yankees fan to think I have a clue what I am talking about. You are correct that your views (and you are welcome to them) will not be accepted by hockey fans in Canada, where the sport has roots and flourishes, much like baseball in the USA.

You like rec hockey. I have played rec hockey. It's not real hockey. It is hockey for the old, fat, and slow...much like myself.
If the hockey played by Gretzky etc. was "recreational," then god bless him. I have as much right to comment on any aspect of the game that I love as anyone else. There are parts of the game that I would like to see changed. Hitting is one of them. And it's not like the game hasn't changed, and Canada (and NHL) hasn't adapted.

I don't know first thing about baseball, so your analogy misses me completely. Whoosh...

Sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote