View Single Post
Old
12-29-2012, 05:42 PM
flyers28giroux

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
I do agree with this as well as I understand why team USA went with Miller at center to begin with...Tomorrow for me has the spotlight on J.T Miller. He is the lone professional player we have, he is a returning player from last years horrible team, and simply put, he should be the hungriest player on the ice looking to prove something as well as get redemption.

A big matchup against Canada is exactly the game this kid should be jacked for as he has played against many of these kids for a number of years including international competition. The weight is on his shoulders to step up and be our Derek Stepan...I pray he finds that fire and he becomes our top player for this tournament.

To be fair, the decision to not bring Kerdiles has nothing to do with Housley, that was a Jim Johansson move, who IMO needs to get bounced as he is getting stale. The lack of competition in camp could prove to be horrendous as there was only 1 forward cut and 2 dmen cut...hardly making every player invited earn their spot.

I understand that college had testing going on during this time frame, but that is not enough of an excuse for me. If your going to do a December camp, do it right or don't do it all. There was no reason why these kids were not invited to at least fight or help motivate other players for a roster spot : Nicolas Kerdiles, Adam Erne, Brady Vail, Reid Boucher, and Dylan Blujus...
Yeah I agree especially with your final thought. I still question why they couldn't just send an invite to players like Kerdiles, Compher, Erne, Vail, etc... as those guys will probably be expected to lead next year's team. Even if those players weren't going to make the team, I don't think an invite would of hurt the team or the camaraderie that some of the players from the summer camp had.