View Single Post
Old
12-29-2012, 06:24 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWOW View Post
Most of those guys you mentioned went to score or average at least 20+ goals as NHL'ers.

As for this love affair with the diminutive Atkinson:

Kreider played 18 NHL games -- 18-5-2-7

Over Atkinson's first 18 NHL games -- 18-2-2-4

Kreider's NHL TOI: 13:09
Atkinson's TOI: 15:23

You know when Atkinson's stats improved? When the season was lost and the jackets pretty much clinched the worst record in the league.

Atkinson had 10 points in his last six games. You know, those ever-meaningful important "We're lottery bound" games.
Quote:
45 points in 1991 is not comparable to 24 points in 32 games in 2011.

The leading scorer in HE in 1991 had 82 points
The leading scorer for HE in 2011 had 52 points.
Now, wait a minute. Most of the players I named played back in the 1980s, when scoring was extremely high. Them going on and becoming 20-goal scorers means absolutely nothing, and certainly is not comparable to scoring 20 goals today. You admit this yourself in the second quoted post here, but try to skirt that in the first one.

Quote:
Over the last few pagers, fans from the following teams have provided critical analysis of Chris Kreider:

Columbus Blue Jackets
Toronto Maple Leafs
Dallas Stars
Edmonton Oilers

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Is that better or worse than your attempt to provide critical analysis of Cam Atkinson? You claim that his numbers improved because of no-pressure situations facing Columbus, when in reality it was a matter of how he was being used. In the last few games, he was on the left side of a line with Derick Brassard and RJ Umberger, and had power play time. Prior to that, he'd been on the right side with Prospal and Letestu. And when Scott Arniel was still coaching, he was on the 4th line with Derek MacKenzie and Matt Calvert.

No, please, tell me more about your analysis. No one knows more about the way Columbus uses their forwards.

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote