View Single Post
Old
12-29-2012, 05:36 PM
Brewster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli View Post
While the Nordic line has been a strong two-way line for us with an infectious cycle game, my thinking of breaking it up is part of the big picture. The Oilers greatest advantage will be a running start out of the gate should an NHL season be salvaged. If theres still a plan to play RNH - Eberle together and throw a LW on their line that isn't Taylor Hall, it's time that Harski and Paajarvi get some time with RNH.

Of course, it's easier to think big picture if the Barons weren't a mediocre team based on their place in the standings. Right now I'm sure Nelson's just trying to right the ship of yesteryear that looks more like a dingy in this seasons light.
I agree, but I don't think the Oilers will make the playoffs even in a shortened, ~48 game season. Plus, the old guard of Hemsky and Smyth likely will get the nod for a top six role over anyone on the Nordic Line. Grooming them together as a unit is a far better recipe for success, IMO, since what the Harti-Lander-MPS combo has brought over the last stretch of games at the AHL level for the Barons is exactly what the Oilers need as a third line on the big club.

Brewster is offline   Reply With Quote