View Single Post
Old
12-29-2012, 06:14 PM
Zippy316

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Eh I don't think so. That's another sore topic with me. I already got my blood pressure up talking about Clemmer!

Anyway I said I could see Zajac getting $6 million a year, but I'm not sure about that. I mean Kesler is getting $5 million a year, but he was an RFA on that contract. Can't imagine him getting much more than Kesler, or god forbid anything as much Jordan Staal. Zajac isn't quite on their level. He won't have ever played a full season as a top center not with Parise except for our tank season, but he is one of the better faceoff guys in the league whiuch we need since we suck at faceoffs, and were 29th in the league last year without him for most of the time.

Just hope some of those things lower his value with these other teams. I'm sure he's in demand, but he can't be the hottest thing on the market. It wouldn't surprise me if Elias is more in demand on the market should we have a season, and he comes close to last years pace.
Jordan Staal AAV is low because of the length. He could've made 6-6.5 on a shorter term deal elsewhere and he definitely took a pay cut to go to Carolina.

Kesler signed that deal coming off 37, 59, and in the midst of a 75 point season. Right now, he can probably bargain for a lot more than 5, but at the time, 5 was pretty fitting also with a lower cap.

Zajac has been a consistent 60 point center when healthy. Definitely deserves 5 million easy, I wouldn't be surprised if he can get 6 maybe even higher outside of NJ.