View Single Post
Old
12-29-2012, 07:16 PM
Czech Your Math

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
I'm finding myself agreeing with you that Selanne is fairly close to Dionne (I haven't voted yet in the poll for a reason), but these stats don't take into account points that Perreault lost playing in the smaller rink in Buffalo, or play in clutch situations (international and playoffs).
Phil was basically saying that Selanne was more comparable offensively to Perreault than Dionne, which is absurd. Dionne and Selanne, along with Thornton, are probably the most underperforming superstars in the playoffs (at least since expansion), and neither was much for defense, so I understand that Perreault has the edge in those areas. Offensively, the minimal edge Dionne has in adjusted numbers is likely offset by it being in the 70s for first liners to score adjusted points (although that's balanced in part by it being more difficult in the 80s) and Selanne being a better goal scorer.

I don't understand how Perreault lost points by playing in a smaller rink. Do you mean how it affected the actual games or was there some issue with the scorekeeper?

Czech Your Math is offline   Reply With Quote