Thread: Proposal: Flyers - Canucks trade
View Single Post
12-29-2012, 07:21 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
As a Flyers fan, I pretty much agree with everything you said.

Schneider couldn't be had for anything the Flyers would be willing to give up. Even if he could, and even if the Flyers did buy out Bryz, I'm not sure Schneider would fix the team's issues.

Bryzgalov is not a top-10 goalie, but he's also not a bottom-10 goalie. He's somewhere in between, and that, sadly, is itself an upgrade over what they've had lately.
Precisely, and barring Bryz staying in Europe (that's what these Schneider to team X threads are using as a basis it seems), both teams wanting to field the best team possible doesn't make us good trade partners. Both want an upgrade on D (not more 2-6 guys, but a number one), both are fairly set in goal for the next decade (if they want to keep their guys anyway) and both have a ton of depth in the forward position, that wouldn't really be a great upgrade on what's there now (not counting Giroux or the Sedins....Kesler, Voracek, Booth, Couturier, Hartnell, Briere, Burrows, Hansen, Simmonds, Higgins, Talbot...Raymond...we have great depth on both sides).

I don't see any big trades between the Flyers and Canucks, and that's no disrespect to either roster.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote