View Single Post
Old
12-29-2012, 07:41 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by derriko View Post
Wow. Too small, too slow, and a possible attitude problem now? Not that I really blame him too much for wanting off that team, its not a good thing to do half way through your draft year
it's really not all that unusual for players to want off horrible teams - if rumours are true, several members of the petes want out. tavares asked to be traded during his draft year - and i think huberdeau has told SJ that he wants to be traded. i wouldn't be too quick to make character judgements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilsp1ll View Post
His future and 10's of thousands of dollars are at stake with his draft position. He is 17 in grade 12 living a long, long ways from Waldheim, Saskatchewan in a pretty crappy city with a crappy culture and complete lack of winning environment. Prince George is a prospect graveyard and Dean Clark is a buffoon, I can't really blame his family for looking out for him in this case.

We also don't know the entire story right now.
i agree. when teams have systemic problems they should look at fixing them so they're more desirable places to play. i know some teams have a geographic disadvantage - and sometimes prospects will refuse to go to them at all - but forsberg has put in a year and a half there...so you can't say he didn't try.

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote