Where would you rather sign a long term contract...
View Single Post
12-29-2012, 08:35 PM
Join Date: Apr 2012
Originally Posted by
Detroit or Florida
Don't just factor in the teams or players. Think of yourself as a young man who was just offered a 5-8 year contract to either if these teams. Also assume that you would be buying a home in this city.
- original six
- greats have played there
- play with Datsyuk and Zetterberg
- Detroit is a city rampant with crime
- cold winters
- right beside a very polluted lake
- not a desirable living place for a millionaire
- what's hockey?
- newer team with little history
- no legendary greats, except Bure I suppose
- no superstar talent to play beside as of now
- close to Miami, good times there
- very warm, relaxing climate
- a drive to the ocean
- beach = hot chicks in bikinis
1) Everyone knows Detroit proper is a craphole. Everyone also knows that none of the professional athletes would ever consider living there.
2) Many of the suburbs north of Miami are
crime-ridden and dangerous.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by OmniCube