View Single Post
Old
12-29-2012, 08:35 PM
LEAFS FAN 4 EVER
GO LEAFS GO

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootmaster_44 View Post
I'm sure if the Marlies were to get consistent Rock sized attendance, the Marlies would be in and my Rock would be out. The Rock really don't pose a huge issue with the schedule since they rarely play two games in a weekend and are on the road every other weekend. I mean Staples Center makes it work with two NBA teams and the Kings (as well as all the other events going on there). It might mean that the Marlies get a 2 PM game on a Saturday afternoon as a curtain raiser for the Leafs game though.
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the Staples Center schedule a lot of Kings games on weekend afternoons, then at night it's changed over for a Lakers or Clippers game? If so I guess that's how they make things work there during the regular season.

While it's true the Rock crowds don't come close to a Maple Leafs or Raptors crowd they are still a less expensive game to see and maybe if the Marlies played at the Air Canada Centre more often with great crowds it could push the Rock out. However I doubt it's something we will see happen.

LEAFS FAN 4 EVER is offline   Reply With Quote