View Single Post
Old
12-29-2012, 08:48 PM
BigG44

vCash: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued View Post
Sceviour should also still be in the conversation for the 4th line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalGodAOD View Post
Sceviour probably needs to prove himself in training camp, but he absolutely should be in the bottom 6.
How the NHL applies waivers at the beginning of the season will be a big part of this discussion IMO.

Dallas will bring 25 to 30 players max to a short training camp (and very likely closer to 25 than 30). I think it's also likely any AHLer who required waivers earlier this year who then attends NHL camp will require waivers to return to the AHL.

Waivers or no waivers, I believe Sceviour should be on Dallas' 4th line. He was a guy Gulutzen trusted in Austin in all situations. He plays every forward position, he's solid on faceoffs and a rightie, defensively sound, and can chip in on offense. Plus, he's cheap. He's pretty much an ideal depth forward.

He cleared waivers already when no team was going to make any claims earlier this year when the lockout was imminent. I think there's a legitimate risk Dallas could lose Sceviour on waivers (just like B.J. Crombeen) if they expose him during the beginning of the season should it happen in the next two weeks. I think several teams would jump at a guy in game shape with a league minimum contract. He just seems to have an ideal skill set for a depth forward, and the price tag is right for every team in the league.