View Single Post
Old
12-29-2012, 08:49 PM
Drydenwasthebest

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
Thanks. I no long have to worry about whether or not I need to take you seriously.
No worries, I stopped taking you seriously a long time ago when discussing comparative values of Gagner and Cogliano...lol.

Quote:
Now that this has hit the Polls and left the trade board I'd probably laugh until someone punched me in the face for not picking Yakupov.

Sure Huberdeau looks great with Hopkins.

Imagine how much better Yakupov would look with Hopkins.

Yakupov is faster, can deal with the physical game much better and his shot is way better. It's really impossible to judge who's the better playmaker, because Yakupov hasn't spent much time with snipers. I'm going to wait and see what he does with the puck when he's playing with Schultz, Hall, Eberle and Hopkins before I make any judgements on his playmaking ability.

Regardless, a 50 goal scorer is way better than some guy who puts up 50-80 assists.

If Hopkins and Yakupov were playing together at the world juniors Hopkins probably wouldn't ever bother paying attention to who or what was on his left side.
Yakupov is not a 50 goal scorer in the NHL, nor has Huberdeau passed 50-80 assists, yet. However, Yakupov and Huberdeau are very close in terms of value. They are very different types of players, but fairly close in terms of overall value they bring to a team. Yakupov will have to play less fearlessly at the NHL level, though, or he will have a very short career. He received 2 concussions while playing with boys. Either he adapts to the NHL or he will find out men hit a lot harder.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote