Old
12-29-2012, 09:58 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
The worst thing about losing Gionta was he wanted to stay. Like I said I know this for a fact, and someone on here who knows him has also confirmed this. For cheaper than the $5 million too. We wasted our time with guys like Parise who knew they weren't gonna stay, and you always love guys who wanna be there. If not for that horrible Rolston contract which I knew was a bad idea from July 1st 2008 we probably could have kept him. What's done is done, and we've had a Cup run without him though.
Ya, it's that Rolston contract that screwed us over for a long time, but oh well. Bygones now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techno Devil View Post
I dont know if I agree with this one. Gio only got like 5 million. There are also about 20 other moving pieces in that parallel that could have changed in order to get kovy or clear space. Barring NTCs and NMCs gio could even have been a part of that trade. The fact that we didn't retain Parise doesnt mean we are going to go out and get a player for the same calibur or price any time soon.
The centrepiece of the deal was Bergfors. We showcased him during the first half of that season. Gionta was allowed to walk in part because Lou was confident that Bergfors could replace him.