View Single Post
Old
12-29-2012, 10:53 PM
ATdaisuki
invisible

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Holmes View Post
I'm surprised that nobody has Lehner in their lineups.

I think he'll be the backup, and I think he'll see plenty of playing time as well.

Assuming the 48 game season happens, there are going to be a lot of games jammed in to a pretty short time. You'll need two goalies that can play to stay in the hunt.

Bishop sucks. Lehner is the better goalie, I think he's probably ready to challenge Andy right now.

Remaining in the AHL does nothing for Lehner.
i think bishop is the kind of goalie that needs to play a bunch of games in a row to play well. when lehner was injured this season and bish had to play a few games in a row, he played very well. after lehner came back and he was benched for a bit, his next game sucked. i think he might have played another after that crap game and wasn't very good either.

i do agree that lehner is ready to play in the nhl, but not to challenge andy. he's ready for backup duty. there are probably some things that he still has to learn before we can say he's ready to challenge for a starting job in the nhl. not sure what, since i'm not a goalie, but just facing the higher level of competition, the higher pressure, keeping his cool, communicating with the defense, things like that.

ATdaisuki is offline   Reply With Quote