Thread: Proposal: Buffalo-Anaheim
View Single Post
12-29-2012, 10:19 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by duxfan8 View Post
Is it fair to say they are building for the future? I thought Pegula tried making it clear he wanted a winning team right now. Did that kind of get pushed aside with last year's performance?
Pegula gave a short term window which was understood to be somewhere in a 1-5 years he wanted a cup...frankly that window is now. They're not really rebuilding so much as they are rebuild and ready to be rolled off the assembly line. by next season(god willing) I wouldnt find it hard to believe in any capacity nearly EVERY top sabre prospect would be nhl ready including the obvious Foligno,McNabb,Hodgson,Tropp

but also including

I dont honestly think their prospects are beyond 1-2 years away from nhl roster spots.

And not to be a jerk but when the ducks last took home a cup they were doing it with getlaf(a 2nd year center), bobby ryan a rookie winger, perry a 2nd year winger and a slew of veterans backing that fire power...EERILY similar to second year ennis, rookie girgorenko, 2nd year power forward foligno surrounded by Pominville,Vanek(Selanne,Koivu)...

DJN21 is offline   Reply With Quote