View Single Post
Old
12-29-2012, 10:21 PM
Libbs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
I understand what you're saying and the above 6 need to be made a priority to ship out I would even consider Johnson but like you said you don't want to touch the 94s yet. Now hear me out in regards to dealing Sieloff, Rychel, Vail. I think the trade deadlines have changed recently. You may find a Spooner for Kujawinski deal out there but that seems to be the exception now. London got McKegg and Watson and the most valuable player they moved was Fox. Niagara dealt for Oleksiak and the Spirit didn't get a single top tier young guy in return. Sarnia moved Ritchie and only got picks. In the case of Sieloff, Rychel and Vail there's a better chance you can get good prospects because they will be back next year. If you hold on to them and end up moving them you may only end up getting picks back, which isn't all bad but we did this song and dance with Campbell and Kuhnhackl and it really hasn't helped the team this year and questionable going forward.

Correct me if I am wrong but they have full allotment of picks for 2014 possibly 3 2nd round picks at their disposal already.
I see what you're saying but you can't use the London deals last year as any kind of benchmark. Hunter managed to get those players at a severely discounted price.

I see the logic of trading our most valuable guys now... but not sure if it's the best move to make at this time. I would especially keep Seiloff since our defense core is very young and we need him to anchor the back end for this season and possibly part of next.