View Single Post
Old
12-29-2012, 11:50 PM
BigG44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrailSwan View Post
Going with what BigG is saying with Sceviour, did he ever play consistently with Garbutt in the past?
I see where you are going, and unless there are some injuries, I don't see Garbutt and Sceviour playing at the same time at the NHL level.

There's probably only space for one to play and one to sit. I'd throw Wandell in that group as well. I think there's basically one spot up for grabs to likely play with Fiddler and Nystrom, but even that's sort of unlikely because I could see Vincour (major assumption he's healthy) slotting in on the 4th line should Fraser or R. Smith steal the show in camp.

I think we can all agree there are 6 guys that are virtual locks for the Top 6: Benn, Eriksson, Jagr, Roy, Ryder, Whitney.

I think there's a strong likelihood will see Morrow with Eakin. My first guess would be Vincour slots in at RW, but I wouldn't be shocked for Fraser or potentially R. Smith to take that role (especially if Vincour isn't healthy).

I don't know that Gulutzen is going to bench Fiddler or Nystrom right off the bat. I think they get a long leash early. That means you have a potential mess of Fraser, Garbutt, Sceviour, Vincour, or Wandell fighting for the 12th, 13th, and 14th roster spot. Plus they are likely going to rotate like crazy.