Thread: Proposal: Yakupov
View Single Post
Old
12-29-2012, 11:53 PM
SDig14

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalsrock View Post
Honestly can someone help me with this problem. I am just confused whether or not this is a troll. This is absolutely mind blowing.

"In a year or three" those three defenseman are all probably going to be franchise top line defenseman and Yakupov could never play an NHL game just because he is a prospect and nobody knows because he has proven nothing in the NHL.

Right now nobody would trade either of those three top 2 defensemen for a potential winger. Those three defenseman have all proven to be extremely capable in the NHL while Yakupov has not. No GM is going to take that risk and Edmonton would have to add big time, at least an NHL ready player, to get any of them.

There is a good chance Yakupov will be an elite scorer and maybe more valuable than these Myers/Subban/Carlson but for now it's not worth the risk.
There is a balance in between potential and proven commodities.

Of course these defensemen have proven more than Yakupov, just like they have proven more in the NHL than Kuznetsov, Tarasenko, Schultz, Huberdeau, Mackinnon, and every other elite prospect not in the NHL because they have yet to have a chance, which isn't exactly their fault.

It comes down to how much a team likes a guy like Yakupov and whether or not they need a potential elite scorer. If a GM believes he is getting an elite scorer, he might be willing to risk a great defensemen assuming he needs offense.

I think it is all a moot point because Yakupov isn't being moved anytime soon.

SDig14 is offline   Reply With Quote