12-30-2012, 12:17 AM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Panther View Post
the sky is falling, the sky is falling

if he signs, great

if he leaves, he will be replaced by a prospect or a free agent. his days of being the entire team are coming to an end if theyre not over already. its time to stop placing so much emphasis on a 2nd liner
The problem is, the free agent or prospect we replace him with won't be as good, at least not initially. He's a good player and people don't want to lose him, I don't want to see a good player and leader leave when he have the opportunity to lock him up for awhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakethesnake23 View Post
This situation isnt a matter of "trusting Tallon". He has nothing to do with Weiss' decision. I'm sure he will make a fair offer, but he cant make Weiss stay.

The sooner everyone realizes it the better: with these comments, Weiss is signaling that he WILL TEST FREE AGENCY. 100% GUARANTEE.

If he wanted to be a Panther for life, then he would be.

He will see how much money he can make on July 1st.

Now, this doesnt mean that the Panthers won't eventually sign him, but it does mean he will be a FA.

I can remember early in the season last year that no one wanted to accept the reality that Garrison would go to FA, and gave every reason under the sun why he wouldnt. Well, it did, and it's gonna happen again.
The point about trusting Tallon is that Tallon knows Weiss' intentions better than anyone else besides Weiss. He knows the money Weiss is seeking and he knows what he can pay him. Yes, Weiss will test free agency, but that doesn't mean he will leave. Tallon knows the chances of Weiss leaving better than anyone here.

Nobody's going to pay Weiss 6+M if he isn't going to be their 1st line center, so he's not going to Chicago, Toronto, etc. I'm going out on a limb and calling that right now. Especially since we all know the cap is going to go down when the NHL gets back. I think the chances of keeping Weiss are very good.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote