View Single Post
Old
12-30-2012, 01:45 AM
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Mick View Post
Thanks for the info, it seems like we have a lot of prospects who should make it in the NHL, but I'm curious as to where they will end up. It looks like we have a boatload of third and fourth line guys.
Who do we have with top line potential though? Huberdeau and maybe Grimaldi? Where do you think Bjugstad fits in? Shore, Knight and Trocheck I hope will make nice second liners...
Then we have Rau, Howden, etc.
One thing is for sure, we won't be short on depth.
Bjugstad has been inconsistent this season, which is disappointing, but I still think he's a potential #1 center and likely #2.

The good thing is he's getting a lot of chances, he's just been a little snakebitten. Actually, Rau hasn't had a great season either. The two of them not playing their best definitely affects the whole line. Bjugstad is still one of the top scorers on his team, and once the races tighten in the spring I think Minny will really get it going. They have a powerhouse team this year, maybe the most talented in the NCAA, and sometimes it's a little too easy for them to not give 100%. Despite this, even the BIg Ten announcers a few weeks back called Bjugstad the most complete, NHL ready player in college hockey, and they don't really have a Minnesota bias. Fox Sports North does 99% of Minnesota games.

This year's draft is going to be terrific for forwards, and I think we will go forward this year. Our defense is solid so we can afford to pass up a d-man even if he's the BPA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
I just wanted to stop by and say you guys have a good one with Rasmus Bengtsson for Sweden. He's really get a big opportunity with a lot of the known commodities out (Brodin, Klefbom, etc.) and he's displaying a very solid, mistake free game with flashes of PMD ability. Really impressed me today against Canada. Not sure why he's having so much trouble in the USHL relatively speaking.
I liked his game as well, I was really blown away because I wasn't expecting that after the whole thing with being loaned to the USHL etc. But actually Ray Ferraro was saying Bengtsson had a great year in the USHL and really blossomed as a player there, so maybe that was the best thing to happen to him. He just plays for a terrible team. Lindholm is out too now so he's going to get HUGE minutes the rest of the way.