View Single Post
Old
12-30-2012, 01:46 AM
Nuckles
RIP Capgeek

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
There's no reason why we couldn't re-sign Perry, and it's likely we could talk to pre-arrange an extention beforehand.

As for Schneider, we'd be filling our greatest hole too. 3rd line C who's proven to up his game in the playoffs, as well as replacing our 1st in a deep draft.

Not trading players to rivals is overblown, imo. Not to mention there's no way we get an established top-line player for Schneider. An elite 3C plus what will likely be a solid prospect is fair value, imo, and fits our needs to a tee.
I've spent a lot of time looking at our cap situation in 2013/14, and I recommend you do the same.
Realistically, we could only re-sign Perry if we let Edler walk, which would be a huge mistake. We don't NEED a player like Perry (we only need a good 2nd line winger), however we need Edler (a top pairing d-man).
Keeping Perry and letting Edler walk leaves a giant hole on defense.

Kassian will be very valuable to the Canucks in 2013/14, as he could step up to be a top 6 winger, and his cap hit will be under $1 mil.

Bolland hates the Sedins/Canucks. A starting goalie is a much bigger role than a 3rd line center. Saying a very good starting goalie is the same value-wise as a very good 3rd line center is laughable.

Richer's Ghost made my avatar