View Single Post
Old
12-30-2012, 03:03 AM
NHL Fanatic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSBSoupsta View Post
Seen Steelheads play 3 times this year, including home opener, and seen a few games on TV/online. while that's a small sample size I'm not seeing the same bad performance by Percy that people talk about in this thread. Sure, I'm a Leafs fan, and that probably screws with my judgement a bit, but Percy is the clear anchor of the defense, whether or not we have 8 or 9 d-men who could probably play in our top 6. He seems like the smoothest player out there, he has offensive upside, and he's relatively consistent on both sides of the ice from what I've said. Can anyone shine light on whether or not I'm correct here or if there's something I'm missing here...
The problem with Percy is his inconsistency and lack of toughness. I Percy's game because although he's not flashy, he just gets the job done. It's those simple suttle plays that can win games. But watching him as of late has been extremely tough. He's beginning to lose too many battles one on one, he lacks toughness along the walls and down low, and during certain stretches he gets beat wide too easily. He started off the season very strong but has slacked off since. Percy will be fine, and I expect him to elevate his game with the playoffs not too far off.