Thread: Prospect Info: Prospect Talk PART V
View Single Post
Old
12-30-2012, 03:22 AM
InformTheMasses

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyiguy21 View Post
Strome centering Mackinnon and Drouin against USA. Ton of skill on that line.
Yes, I am excited about the skill level on that line. BUT it will be interesting to see how Strome does with these youngsters against a bigger faster US Team. I said earlier in the thread I like a big winger like Ritchie next to Strome. Drouin and MacKinnon are fast but small and young.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
Damnit, should I try and stay up to catch the Canada-USA game or just tape it and watch it in the morning? Excited for the game though.

Strome gets hammered by everyone on HF, but he's one of the key guys for Canada and has always contributed positively last year and so far this year. I find it funny that he's considered one dimensional by so many yet he's one of their mainstays on the PK and he seems to take a lot of defensive zone faceoffs. He barely gets any PP time since the first unit seems to be out there all the time, yet he's still putting up points. With so many natural centers on the roster, why is it that Strome is the #2C on this team and wasn't the one moved to wing?

I think he deserves a lot more respect than he gets.
I think Strome is centering too younger players (Drouin and MacKinnon) because he is looked at as a leader and the coaching staff has faith he can ensure a productive second line against teams like USA today and Russia tomorrow. I think it's a compliment to his game, not a punishment. Heck he's producing more on the second line with less PP time and more PK time than last year as he did as a first line Center between Stone and Huberdeau. That speaks volumes IMO.