View Single Post
Old
12-30-2012, 04:11 AM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformTheMasses View Post
Yes, I am excited about the skill level on that line. BUT it will be interesting to see how Strome does with these youngsters against a bigger faster US Team. I said earlier in the thread I like a big winger like Ritchie next to Strome. Drouin and MacKinnon are fast but small and young.

I think Strome is centering too younger players (Drouin and MacKinnon) because he is looked at as a leader and the coaching staff has faith he can ensure a productive second line against teams like USA today and Russia tomorrow. I think it's a compliment to his game, not a punishment. Heck he's producing more on the second line with less PP time and more PK time than last year as he did as a first line Center between Stone and Huberdeau. That speaks volumes IMO.
You may have misunderstood my post. I guess I was trying to imply that he's highly thought of by TC and it is most definitely a compliment to him in the role he's been put in. RNH is the #1C so he'll get the premium ice time, but Strome has been excellent as the #2C to provide secondary scoring and 2-way play. He's a key to Canada's hopes.

Nice goal by Strome, nice to see him to go the net. I agree that Strome needs big wingers who do the dirty work so he has time and space to work his magic.

BTW, this is brutal waking up this early.