Thread: NHL Entry Draft
View Single Post
Old
12-30-2012, 07:03 AM
joe89

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefeebster View Post
Glad to know i wasn't seeing things. I've watched almost all of the games for Djurgarden this season so far (thanks to their youtube channel) and i'd have to say that's what i see so far. Landeskog is head and shoulders above any player on that team.

Aberg was gifted a spot on the top PP from the beginning of the season and beyond his shot from the point, he does not really add anything to that PP. Aberg has some good games, but also has many where he doesn't do much either. Wennberg got put on the PP around the 12th game of the season and i think he's created a lot more opportunities. He has good passing vision, can skate the puck out of trouble, and fights along the walls. Wennberg is fairly creative, but i think more importantly, he is a smart player. He might be a good height, but he needs to add some strength. He falls down a fair bit, but also tends to draw a lot of penalties because of this.

On another note, i've been impressed with Adam Reideborn in the few games he's played. Does anyone think he'll get some NHL interest?
Landeskog is now long gone, but yeah he was leading the team until early December. Åberg has picked it up a bit lately with the NHLers leaving the team and with Wennberg gone to play the World Juniors. Still struggles to score goals, though.

Wennberg has the slippery skating and good reach, some Swedes have called it Russian-like and I agree. He's also been one of the better forwards at the WJC. I'm still agreeing with Button who has Wennberg over both Burakovsky(will he keep falling and falling?) and de la Rose. de la Rose's offensive potential just doesn't compare to someone like Wennberg and Burakovsky is not having an all-around good season. Right now Burakovsky is playing an U18-tournament instead of with the men's team..

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote