View Single Post
Old
12-30-2012, 06:25 AM
William H Bonney

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Noesen, why did you have to throw that headshot?
I don't think any one player at home is the difference maker alone. But, hearing the NHLN announcers continually reference the idea that USAH knew it would be tough sledding to score and that they'd need dirty goals makes it more baffling because I'm sure those guys are connected enough to be getting that directly from USAH. If you thought/think that, why did you choose to hold a camp with zero competition? Why did you choose to ignore players like Boucher, Erne, and Kerdiles (while none individually is a savior) would have increased (in any combination) the offensive capabilities of this team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xokkeu View Post
The good news is that in these tournaments it seems like teams rarely beat each other twice for whatever reason. Still we are leaving ourselves way to thin a margin for error with no offense.

I feel like Housley thinks if he lets the offense have time they will gain chemistry, but we dont have any time!
I agree. I really hope this team comes out firing against Slovakia. Desperation, passion, urgency, intensity, and an early goal perhaps? If they could pot one early I think they might get rolling a bit. I know Slovakia isn't a pushover (especially with our sputtering offense) but USAH should beat Slovakia the majority of the time. Win that game and you only have to win 1 more (against the weak group) for a chance to medal. The team lost two games and while the issues are evident, this isn't like the lopsided losses last year. The team could have easily beaten Russia or Canada.

I don't think Housley has a clue. His name has opened doors he didn't deserve to get through.