View Single Post
Old
12-30-2012, 07:23 AM
ULF_55

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdawg1234 View Post
I would actually bet big money we get luongo for a fair price(bozak/midprospect+ 2nd or 3rd rounder). I dont think Burke would overpay to get him at all, he's usually quite smart with his trades(obviously the Kessel one is debateable). But this trade has been rumored for a while and really makes sense for us.

Luongo is perfect IMO, gives us a few years to pick up some goalie prospects and develop them ourselves, Reimer and Scrivens is a terrible tandem to enter the season with(and I think Burke knows that). Neither has proven enough IMO, very mid-level starters as of now at best.

With Getz and Perry Close to FA as well, I'd bet Burke goes all in for them too, and if we make the playoffs with Luongo(obviously an if, not saying we'll get him for sure) then I'd bet one of the 2 at least will be interested. Wouldn't be surprised if we trade for one of them knowing the strong relationship with the anaheim GM burke has.

EDIT: IF we dont get Luongo, I'd go in with Reimer/Scrivens(which isnt a big deal as it's a shortened season) draft decenty high (which is no guarentee if either Reimer or Scrivens play well) and then try to trade for say Bernier and hope he pans out, but that still leaves us with inexperienced goaltending. Very risky. I dont think we are capable of a top 5 pick as a few teams are much worse than us on paper, a 5-10 pick maybe, with poor goaltending.
There are several UFA goaltenders 2013, including Backstrom, Howard, Mike Smith.

The New York Rangers are the most valuable NHL franchise at $1.2 billion, taking the top spot on the Forbes list for the first time since 2004.

The magazine said Tuesday that Montreal is second at $1.18 billion, followed by Toronto at $1.15 billion.
ULF_55 is offline   Reply With Quote