View Single Post
Old
12-30-2012, 08:31 AM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnMyOwn View Post
Can't really call soggy a bust when he's a starter. It's more like a disappointment with his play compared to draft position.

He's still young, though, so you never know.
Yeah, Ziggy is not a bust. A bust is someone like Sweed that can't play in the league. A serviceable player isn't a bust especially considering the draft pick (last in the first round). I'd be more down on him if he were a higher 1st round pick.

I'm also careful of criticizing 3-4 lineman or trusting other fans evaluations of 3-4 lineman because those lineman in the Steelers scheme are rarely going to stand out even if they are playing well. Aaron Smith was a great player for a long time and he did his job great almost ever week but he was hardly noticeable in most games. It's not like I can think of loads of great plays Aaron Smith made but he was a great player by almost all accounts especially those that know the game like coaches and opposing players etc. Ziggy isn't Aaron Smith but he's a starter and the coaches seem happy with him so that's good enough for me.