View Single Post
Old
12-30-2012, 09:42 AM
ODAAT

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bme44 View Post
MacKinnon is being used in a role that he is not use to, a player of his skill is use to being a go to guy. To play a complimetary role is certainly an adjustment,but IMO good for his growth and development and he seems to handling it well, and doing what is asked of him, with the ice time he is getting. I do not think his value is falling any in his draft year
Good pts, I`m fortunate to have a near front row seat to the Mooseheads games. I love both kids, truth is, Drouin, at this stage of his development, could not go out and play the role that Mack is doing right now. Mackinnon is being asked to accept a small role, but play a responsible game in all 3 zones, hands down, between the two, Mack is the better 3 zone player and Drouin can`t play that game at this stage.

Happy for both, my feeling/opinion is, if Spott had Mack on the 2nd line and PP, he`d certainly begin to feel and look a touch more comfortable out there. He`s done his job and with class so far, really happy for both, if anything, I wonder if the scouts look at the way Nate has handled things, and how he`s responded and are equally impressed in spite of the obvious lack of production but acceptance of a new role and responding to it in the limited times he`s asked to?

Interesting stat....the Mooseheads have not lost in the absence of either

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote