View Single Post
12-30-2012, 10:47 AM
Go Cats Go
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by slovakiasnextone View Post
It was not the WJC, but the U18 WC. The game that was played there was a game for nothing as both teams were already relegated unlike the other game which decided about promotion, so I would not compare them. But I said that those teams CAN sometimes beat Slovakia even at a U18/WJC, but it is not a usual result. Also that was the only time ever that a Slovak team got relegated from WJC/U18 WC and there were so many factors included in it (bad coaching decisions, especially in deciding game against Czechs, poor goaltending - thereīs a reason why the goalie from the tournament did not even make the WJC this year and several injuries) and I think it is unlikely that such situation with that combination of factors would repeat itself again. ompared that to the other nations that keep on constantly bumping between elite and Div I (Div IA) now and thatīs one of the reasons why Iīm saying that there is a drop off between SVK/SUI (last time SUI played in Div I at junior level was U20 in 2009 I think) and those countries.
True, my bad. We will see next year, Norway is up and coming.