View Single Post
Old
12-30-2012, 11:30 AM
DesertDawg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
I think you confused Rundblad and Gormley with Summer and Schlemko in your offer
Isles have at least 2 rookie d-men, Donovan+ Ness, who'll push for a roster spot if the lockout ends this season. Reinhart+ De Haan will push for spots in the 2013-2014 training camp. Also Mayfield, Pelech, Pedan, Pokka, Kitchon arein the pipeline.
So, I doubt Snow's shopping for blueline prospects.
http://www.hockeyprospectus.com/arti...articleid=1383
6. Chris Summers, Defense
2010-11 Ranking: 5th
Date of birth: 02/05/1988
Height: 6'2''
Weight: 210
Shoots: Left
Statistics: 28 GP, 0 G, 2 P (Portland-AHL)
Acquired: First round, 29th overall in 2006 by Phoenix
The Good: Summers is a plus skater who one source describes as having great mobility and very good skating mechanics. His defensive game is his calling card, as he checks talented forwards at a desirable level. Summers plays a firm, tough physical game and his overall defensive end reads tend to be the right ones.
The Bad: Summers has fringe offensive ability and while his puck-moving looked a little better this year in terms of his decision pace, he's a basic first-pass type of player.
Projection: He could be a third pairing defender.
Do the Islanders only have 43 contracts?

Quoting stats.
All that means is that he isn't needed as much as Oliver Ekman-Larsson or Keith Yandle and the Coyotes prefer RH d'men to pair up with those 2. And he could use more ice time. And yes he is a defensive d'man with some size and is relaiable, mobile, and relatively cheap. He would be a 3rd pairing on most teams by now. The question is if he could step up to the typical top 4. I have more confidence in Summers than Rundblad and Gormley in his defensive abilities, also I thought that the Islanders had some interest in a defensive d'man and knowing Snow, he would want 1 on a cheap contract who wants to get more ice time.
I was expecting the Coyotes to showcase Summers and Schlemko to start the season, now that the season is shorten and compacted, it would make it harder. The Coyotes may carry 8 d'men if the season starts in January.

Last edited by DesertDawg: 12-30-2012 at 11:46 AM.
DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote