View Single Post
Old
12-30-2012, 01:17 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
The poor kid, I hope he knows what he's getting into coming to Montreal. The internet Bowman's are hard on him tonight, and will love him tomorrow if he plays well... Fickle, Fickle, Fickle.

Thought the entire USA team looked flat, and Housley seemed reluctant to change anything. Canada didn't look much better and looked miserable on their extended 5-3 power play advantage.

Funny how RNH isn't taking much heat for an unnecessary cheap shot along the boards that could have easily led to the USA tying the game with a minute left.

Jacob Trouba has been by far the best defenseman in the tournament that I've watched so far... Kid plays nasty, has a great shot, and is pretty decent defensively. Reinhart wasn't impressive today for Canada, and hasn't impressed me much at all so far... Harrington is solid back there though, and plays a rock steady game.
This game was watched through the Galchenyuk lense, there wasn't much difference between the teams it came down to a gem by Subban. Could have gone either way . As for the USA they will beat the Slovaks and will be completely back in the race.

Problem with the Internet bowmans is the already inflated expectations they themselves place on a kid who needs to develop no differently than anyone else.