View Single Post
Old
12-30-2012, 12:23 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaibur View Post
I don't see what's so horrible. It's a dollar-for-dollar trade in total contracts and brings in a (right handed) center that should replace Langkow's production + and adds a forward prospect with NHL potential, something the Yotes are short on. If they like what they see, they can try to re-sign Connolly at a number that fits. If not, he's added to the Langkow/Belanger/Lang pile of one (playoff run) and done Yote veteran centers.

10 months ago, during the heat of a playoff race, Summers and Stone auditioned for the 3rd pairing.

http://coyotes.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=619873

From everything I've seen since then, they've done nothing to show any signs of regression. But maybe you've caught a few more Portland games and seen something? Depth wise, there's still Rundblad, Schlemko and Gormley.

Sullivan/Hanzal/Vrbata
Boedker/Vermette/Doan
Korpikoski/Connolly/Moss
Torres/Gordon/Chipchura
Bizz/Johnson

Yandle/Morris
OEL/Michalek
Summers/Stone
Schlemko
Your argument that Klesla has been pushed down the depth chart due to the reacquisition of Michalek is a decent one. However, we don't know which Morris we will get next season. Also, while Klesla might see fewer 5on5 mins, he will still get first unit PK time, which will up his total TOI/G. Just because Michalek is back doesn't mean Klesla is less effective. He's an excellent D.

Connolly is a pending UFA and Colborne is a hail Mary at best.

You want Connolly? Offer a third round pick. You can keep those forward lines you like without weakening our defense. Colborne does nothing for me.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote