View Single Post
12-30-2012, 01:43 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Getzlaf, Zajac, Ribeiro Weiss, Filppula, and Roy have expiring contracts and will likely get fat contracts. Guys probably looking for reasonable deals include Connolly, McDonald, Bozak, Lombardi, Cullen. We probably have a decent shot at some of those names if Donald Fehr decides to cancel the NHL. There are also a ton of wingers available.

So let's say Fehr gets his way and destroys the season but the PA manages to ouster him before he destroys the entire sport.

Why sacrifice hugely valuable assets like Yandle, Gormley or Rundblad? Let's at least try dipping into the UFA pool first.
I guess each organization has it's own love for each player and prospect, probably there is to focus on which players that are or will be futuring misfits in current team. But not least as you rt say, give a shot at UFA pool. The cautious and long-term have brought success so far, and it really is a safe card for success. I think we should stick it to that way.
Allthought we all like speculating in trades, thats what this place are for I shared some of mine and I do appreciated your inputs.

I would honestly never ever seriously include Yandle in a another trade proposal than for a definite offensive 1st line forward/center. Yandle is one of the guys I could see ending his career in Coyotes, if he turns a top D, which I think is most likely eventhough he would fight for it hard when Gormley steps up for real.