View Single Post
Old
12-30-2012, 01:04 PM
Everest

vCash: 500
Canada's defence seem to be a touch overrated based on what some people were telling us pre-selection.

When Ryan Murray went down I think we were given the re-assurance speech...about how it wouldn't make much difference because there were no less than a dozen other defencemen with equal talent who could do the job.

I don't know if a healthy Ryan Murray would have been exponentially better than any of the defencemen here...but...as for the guys who are here...none of them are taking total control of the game.

One thing I think the pundits and predictors were right about.......of the defencemen who made the team...several if not all of them are basically indifferent from 10 or so kids back home playing with club teams.

I just think its worth re-stating...this Canadian squad is a far cry from a "super team". Im not slamming them by any stretch and they definatley don't "need" to be as good as the 2005 lockout year team...but...the fact the term was ever even used around this edition goes to show how Canadian hype can get very carried away at times.

Last edited by Everest: 12-30-2012 at 01:13 PM.