View Single Post
Old
12-30-2012, 01:13 PM
hullsy47

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsRReady View Post
Burke has done many good things and many negative things. For me, at this point, his overall body of work tells me he stays for a least a couple of years.

Having said that, his biggest mistake was allowing RWilson as much rope as he did. RW hockey was nothing close to what BB promised and he should have pulled the plug on Ronnie at the end of the 10/11 season. I get that the RW extension last December was arguably meaningless, but I was extremely unhappy that it was done and even more upset at BB for allowing that clown Wilson to embarrass the Leafs by his twitter announcement last Christmas. Highly unprofessional.
those kinds of moves wont happen with bell /rogers owning the team ...if they extend burke ,it wont be with full atonomy ,and hence once burke wouldve been forced to fire wilson ,never mind give him a million dollar bonus ,its not whether burke should be extended ,its rather can burke work for bosses who expect results,my guess is burke wont want to answer to anyone ,i mean how is he explaining extending ron wilson ,then canning him ,canning francios allare ,dicking around with lousy goaltending ,and possibly having to ask the new board to give phill kessel a raise
i think burke will be gone ,especially if in a 48 game season ,kesel has even one of those 7-12 game goaless streaks ....

hullsy47 is offline   Reply With Quote