View Single Post
Old
12-30-2012, 01:19 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
The reason I asked about the # of contracts is most teams are relatively close to the limit and trades are typically close to the same # of players on both teams moving. The Islanders on the other hand can pick up more players. If the scenario went down between the Coyotes and Islanders, I would expect something like Nielson for Torres, Summers, the rights to Tikhonov, maybe Schlemko or Bissonette. BTW, I wouldn't consider Summers a developing Prospect. It would allow the prospects on defense to develope in the "A".

Snow imo does not want to trade 1 player and bring back 3-4 pieces because he has a glut of prospects.
Isles fans can't agree about the rumored offered to Columbus at the 2012 draft: all 7 NYI picks for the 2nd overall. But, I think it kind of makes sense because Snow has that glut of youngsters and really only so many roster spots available.

We are more likely to see Snow package an nhl roster player+ 1st rounder+ top prospect in a major move, then see him trade one of those trade chips to add depth.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote