View Single Post
Old
12-30-2012, 02:58 PM
allan5oh
#moneypushups

vCash: 50
Wow what a game! I loved it on so many levels. As far as the game itself, we knew it would be a low scoring affair, with the Americans playing a bit more defensively than usual. They did a good job, but coughed it up too much. They also ran an interesting PK, at first they had four bodies in the center of the ice in a square, then they went to a 1+3. I thought the former was very effective, we had problems getting across the red line whenever they did it.

As far as players:

Scheifele - Had a pretty good game, solid defensively and always making himself available. It really is a treat watching him move around the offensive zone without the puck. He makes every single stride for a reason. His solid faceoff win led directly to the first goal, and he had more faceoffs as the game went on. Won many of the key ones, PP in their zone on the right circle. He coughed it up once when he had three guys on him and no support, but I can't blame him for that at all.

Trouba - Had beast mode on for this game. By far the best defenceman of the tournament so far from what I've seen. Moves around fantastic, doesn't cough it up, seems to make good plays, and a bomb of a shot. This guy will be a treat to watch.

Jones - Seemed to be off. Coughed it up a few times early, and was out of position for the Strome goal. Seemed to come on a bit later in the game.