View Single Post
Old
12-30-2012, 02:06 PM
redbull
game on

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
I don't think it's too fair to Big Griff to compare the two based on this tournament. Reinhart isn't getting anywhere near the minutes Trouba is getting on Team USA, due to a completely stacked Canadian blue-line. Add in the fact that his role is to be a shut-down defender. I don't necessarily think Spott wants Reinhart jumping up in the play.

I admit that Trouba has looked awesome, and he could very well end up being the better player, but this comparison doesn't really work IMO. Either way, regardless of how Trouba turns out I'm happy with Reinhart. Think he's going to be an NHL beast.
Completely different players. I'd say Reinhart is much more suited to NHL play than Trouba. Trouba won't be able to play this way in the NHL, against that level of play, not a chance. Ryan Murphy will face similar challenges, as will Morgan Rielly and even Dougie Hamilton.

Reinhart wasn't great today, he got beat a few times both off the rush and along the boards but he was good when he needed to be as well. The US team was pretty good, feisty, fast, they played Canada pretty tough too, just couldn't get enough going offensively.

As good as these guys look against Germany (and the lower teams), you can see how much tougher it is against better teams. Where was Galchenyuk today? Project to the NHL and the reality is, these guys aren't ready for that level of play, they have a ways to go, all of them.

I think Strome played very well, which is great to see.

Drouin looks like a player!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformTheMasses View Post
Well if the Islanders stay true to their history, Dylan will undoubtedly be the 'better' Strome.
well done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpOceanless View Post
trouba will be the best dman of his draft
Trouba wouldn't even make Team Canada. Let's not fall in love with other prospects on the basis of a WJC game or tournament. He looked good, yes, but I think as an NHL defenseman his game needs to be much different.