Old
12-30-2012, 02:42 PM
WangMustGo
NYI

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky04 View Post
And from what we've seen,

Crosby has the potential to be a 130+ point player, Malkin to be a 120+ point player, and Ovechkin definitely had 70 goal potential, John Tavares doesn't have any of that, see how they're above him potential wise? It's a whole other level. He has 100 point potential, but lots of players do, these guys are a step above that.
Lots of guys have 100 point potential? That is news to me. 1 player hit 100 points last year. Just because you have the potential to hit 100 points does not mean you will. Tavares has potential to be a 40g-75a if he hits his full potential and has a good team around him. All of these guys you listed have elite players around them. Ovechkin has Backstrom, Greene, and in the past Semin. Crosby and Malkin have one another, as well as Neal, Letang, and a group of great players around them. Put Tavares on a team like Pittsburgh and he could hit 100 points annually. I do think Crosby and Malkin have the highest ceilings in the NHL, but in my opinion those are the only 2 players with higher ceilings than Tavares. And I watch 15+ penguin games a year and 75+ isles games a year.

WangMustGo is offline   Reply With Quote